Bill Liepis, Blog?, District Grants, Don Vaught, DRFC Chuck Arnason, Global Grants, GMS, GMS Webinar, Grant Management Seminar, Mike Little, Scholarships, SuAnne Hardee Bryant, Wayne Boggs
The March 25th Grant Management Seminar (GMS) provided 61 Rotarians from 37 clubs with three hours of step by step instructions on how to use the Grants Module in dacdb.com and some practical tips on stewarding a grant project. Distinctions between district and global grants were explained and Mike Little explained how global scholarships and peace fell scholarships differ.
The faculty included our Chair, Chuck Arnason, the grants team SuAnne Hardee Bryant (Chair), Bill Liepis ( Global Grants), Mike Little (Scholarships), and Wayne Boggs from the Grant Audit team filling in for the Chair, Don Vaught.
Just a few highlights …
– district grants in our district now require certification of attendance at an interactive GMS
– the application, documentation and reporting process is all digital through the dacdb grants module
– this year all district grants must be closed out by June 15, but
– a club’s 2016-17 grant must be closed out before a 2017-18 grant can be approved for that club, so
– submit the final report for the 2016-17 grant in advance of the May 15 district grant application deadline
and there’s more, but
If your club needs GMS certification register for either the April 8 or the April 29 GMS Webinar on dacdb.com calendar. You can attend in person or in your home or business office.
Questions? Leave in the comments section or contact our DRFC, Chuck Arnason.
Next week … some tips on removing facial hair and an update of year to date club giving.