Status Update on Delegation of Access To Foundation Advocates
Friday, August 14, District Governor Gary sent an email to the 17 Area Governors (AGs) instructing them to use the delegation tool to delegate club access through June 30, 2016, to their counterpart area Foundation Advocates.
To-date only 5 and 1/2 of the delegations have been accomplished. So, you hale and hardy Advocates … if you have not received an email from Rotary International that the AG has delegated access to the clubs in your area, you need to contact your AG and ask him or her to accomplish this important task soonest.
If you need help contacting your AG contact me … 804-691-8486 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks to the Advocates who have personally informed me that they have received their delegation notices.
Why this delegation Matters
As Foundation Advocates you are the personal representatives of the District Rotary Foundation Committee Chair, Jim Probsdorfer, to the clubs in your areas. With this access you can look at data and reports for your area clubs. The AG still has access, so, this delegation does two things … it makes it easier for you and your counterpart AG to co-ordinate on assisting clubs in accomplishing important goals … and it gives you as Advocates the means to fulfill your role as Jim’s liaison with you clubs.
Attractions in the next 90 days
- Advocates Conference Call August 27 at 4 (separate email notices with bridge numbers)
- Campaign to boost EREY (Every Rotarian Every Year)
- Advocates should be connecting with their Club Foundation Chairs & visiting them
- Club Foundation Chairs may access the 52 Weekly TRF messages for educating their clubs (see the ‘Resources & Documents’ page at 7600advocates.wordpress.com
- District Conference October 1-4 in Williamsburg. Regsiter at dacdb.com
- Foundation Banquet November 12. Foundation Advocates are asked to attend and serve as hosts. Registration available soon
Name Dropping — heard though the grapevine
♥ Dan Jones (Powhatan) Area 8 Advocate is becoming expert on the use of recognition points to boost Paul Harris Fellows in the clubs
♥ Dennis Wool (The Historic Triangle) Area 11 Advocate was the first Advocate to receive his delegation to access from Area Governor Frank Ferrante (Williamsburg). Amazing as Frank had been a tad under the weather (including a short stay at hospital)
♥ James O’Brien (Norfolk) Area 14 Advocate has a birthday this week
♥ Bill Billings (Franklin) is the artist who created the banner image at the 2014 Foundation Banquet now on the 7600advocates.wordpress.com site