Carol’s Favorite AVI
My name is Carol Woodward and I am the lucky ducky who Jim Probsdorfer appointed as the Chair of the Advocates Resources Committee, serving with Bruce Settle and Cindy Pecht.
The three of us have had many Rotary hats, but brevity matters here … I am a past club president, past area governor, and most recently the operations chair for the District Foundation Committee for the last two years. Bruce is a past club president and past area governor. Cindy is a past club president and past district membership chair. All three of us are committed supporters of the Rotary Foundation.
This may be overly ambitious but my plan as the Advocates Resource Committee Chair is to update this page at least every weekend. With that in mind, I’d recommend that you “subscribe” to this blog that way you should receive an email when I have posted an update. This blog will also have a “Resources and Documents” page so you will have updated documents, presentations, and calendars available to you there.
To receive an email alert when this blog is updated click on follow and input your email address.
If you prefer to not do that, fine. I will be doing similar updates on the Advocates page on http://www.rotary7600.org. You will find the Advocates page by hovering over the Rotary Foundation on the left menu of the the district website.
Our Advocates Resource Committee consists of myself, Carol Woodward (Prince George) as Chair, Bruce Settle (South Hill) , and Cindy Pecht (Lawrenceville).
Our Advocates are Jamie Gambaccini (Hanover), Charles Moncure (Innsbrook), Michael Binns, (Western Henrico), Delmar Dayton (South Richmond), Carl Duffey (James River), Jan Rowley (Prince George County), Jeff Jacobs (Colonial Heights), Dan Jones (Powhatan), Cynthia Gregg (Lawrenceville), Philip Ford (North Suffolk), Bob Harper (Hampton), Lou Tayon (Great Bridge), James O’Brien (Norfolk), Suzanne Luna (Virginia Beach), Paul Strong (Cape Charles), and Wendell Barbour (Oyster Point). We are short one Advocate but hope to have that area Advocate seat filled soon.
This blog is a little skimpy at the moment, but I am building it from scratch.
The five things I ask of you are:
– to register for and attend the District Team Training Seminar on February 7 in Williamsburg at the Colonial Heritage Country Club. Registration is easy and free at dacdb.com on the calendar tab.
– please schedule to register and attend the District Training Seminar on April 25 (more information about that later)
– review some of the documents on the Resources and Documents page, either here or on the district website http://www.rotary7600.org
– subscribe to 7600Advocates.wordpress.com
– reach out to me, Bruce, or Cindy for any information you may need. We can be reached at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. You can obtain our phone numbers in dacdb.com also by selecting find a member and entering one of our names.
Shoutout by leaving a comment on this blog if you would be so kind.
Very best, Carol