The District Team Training Seminar is like New Year’s Day for the upcoming Rotary year:
District Governor-Elect (DGE), Diane Hagemann, gathered most of her 2016-2017 District 7600 team last Saturday to preview the year, introduce her team, and encourage us all to support Rotary International President-Elect John F. Germ prepare for our “Rotary Serving Humanity” year.
Past District Governor Chuck Arnason will be DGE Diane’s District Rotary Foundation Committee Chair (DRFCC). Chuck gathered his team in a sunny room facing the James River and engaged them in forward thinking about the year. More about the incoming Foundation team in a week or so.
Today please focus on your calendars and get some of these Foundation related events on your schedule, if you can, and share these dates with your Rotary colleagues. The registration is open for the February 20 Webinar on the District Calendar on dacdb.com. The other events are listed and further information can be obtained by clicking on the event title, though registration is not open at this time.
- February 20: Webinar: Navigating Rotary Club Central. You can register now on dacdb.com at the District Calendar. This free webinar is designed for Presidents-Elect to help them understand goal setting and how to get their goals input into Rotary Club Central. Any of the club’s leaders who will assisting in the goal setting are welcome to participate. Just register and the contact information will be sent to you.
- March 19: Grants Management Seminar at Colonial Heritage Country Club in Williamsburg. It meets the GMS attendance requirement to be eligible for a global grant. It is also helpful for understanding the District Grant process.
- April 2: Webinar: District Grants.Registration will be on dacdb.com. Please note that May 15 is deadline for District Grant applications.
- April 9: 2016 Peace Conference, Duke-UNC Peace Center. To learn more click here . To register click here . Great day trip and only $20. Includes lunch!
- April 23: District Training Assembly: Annual training seminar for club leaders. It will be held at the Peninsula Workforce Development Center at TNCC in Hampton, VA.
To get a head’s up about all upcoming events enjoy scrolling through the District calendar on dacdb.com with love.