“A little bit of Rotary and a whole lot of fun …”
The quote was District Governor Elect (DGE), John Padgett’s response when asked what he wanted District 7600 club leaders and members to take away from the District Training Assembly.
If you are an incoming or continuing club leader, a committee chair or member, a new Rotarian, or just curious about what DGE John will be wearing on May 13, you should just go register on dacdb.com calendar, now. There is still time to do so.
Seriously, come have some fun, fellowship, relationship forming, focus, learning more about Rotary at a personal level, especially
- how to attract and engage members and club partners,
- how to meet the financial and administrative duties of a modern Rotary club,
- how to connect more intensely with your communities,
- how to broaden your communities,
- how to engage more with The Rotary Foundation,
- and, other stuff.
John is really excited about the two sessions on Social Media for Rotary clubs. Who doesn’t need to learn more about Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and so on? We don’t all have teenagers at home to teach us.
The attire is comfortable casual or comfortable weird. You choose.
Don’t be surprised at all by what DGE John might be wearing on May 13. Remember that he got his sartorial mentoring from Past District Governor Stephen Beer.